So much negativity on this blog lately. A little balance:
1) I’m reading a kid’s book I just adore: Gaia Girls Way of Water. I’m so excited to read the whole series!
2) TV-less solitary cooks around the world (well, maybe just me) rejoice as the new Daily Show website allows us to spend hours and hours watching whole Daily Show episodes!
3) Khaela’s interview with Hey Boy is just about the best thing I’ve ever seen. Hopes of a new Blow album at some point keep me moving forward on days when my stereo seems utterly blah, all currently existing Blow songs indelibly imprinted onto my memory and nothing else appealing on the horizon. But hopefully eventually there will be new Blow tunes to memorize, and that’s a sweet sparkling thought to hold on to.
4) Little birds have told me that my next bestest favoritest band, the adorable amazing Whispertown2000 (née Vagtown 2000), will be coming out with an album any month now. The future shimmers! Though I must confess that I hold a not-so-secret terror that a new and potentially slick album will feature Morgan’s voice all prettified in a way that will ruin the whole Whispertown2000 enterprise for me…but this is a positive post, so I will do my best to believe that her vocal strangenesses will be left intact.
5) Within the genre of annoying self-taken couples pictures, I have a weakness for those in which the subjects pretend to be mad at each other. A cursory look through my photos revealed almost a dozen such snaps. Two favorites:
I call this one “accusatory torso:”
(And now I have officially become the worst kind of blogger – the dreaded “I love my boyfriend” blogger!! PUKE! In my defense, we say “partner,” which I find not quite so pukey as “boyfriend,” though the rest of the world disagrees. Also in my defense, I believe people in long distance relationships are allowed more leeway than everyone else. This applies to everything, by the way – parking spots, cuts in line, free samples, extra curse word allotments, etc. The pain of constantly waving goodbye to one’s sweetheart merits free samples, I tell you!)
6) And finally: words cannot begin to express how happy I was to come across this woman and her shirt reading “FBI: Female Body Inspector” whist she was engaged in the act of doing just that, complete with requisite hands on hips: