I’m hiding out in paradise for just a few more days, so will make this quick.
- The thing mentioned in the thing below is finished, printed, and online! Take a peek, it’s a very good thing.
- I made it so you can view my Hawaii photos, because if I was in a cold clime right now I’d want some tropical relief, too.
- That New Yorker article on placebos is blowing my mind. (The fiction in that issue, however, is the first time I think I’ve ever skipped the fiction, like, ever. This secular anarchist atheist Jew can’t stand to read about Hasids, who knew? It actually literally gave me the creeps. Sad thing is, I think if I’d stuck with it I would have liked it, because the story was making the point I make all the time about Hasidic Jews…but I couldn’t.)
- Do not buy the book A Day at elBulli unless you really, really want to be annoyed by pretentious chefs of the very worst kind—the insanely famous and lauded kind. Now I have to lug this 5 lb doorstop home.
- I was going to write a hate-manifesto for a restaurant here today, but instead I’ll just copy my what I ranted about on another internet platform. Needless to say, I do not recommend Oasis in Kapa’a.
My oh my does this post make me out to be a ridiculously privileged annoying asshole with very little real world problems to worry about.
Which I am.